Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub — Transitioning to a Green Economy
Virtual Networking event: Transitioning to a Green Economy
Transitioning to a Green Economy – an economy that results in improved human well-being and reduced inequalities over the long term, while not exposing future generations to significant environmental risks and ecological scarcities.
In this event, we’ll be joined by two academics from the University of Bath who will give their thoughts and perspective on how the transition to a green economy is happening and what the future challenges are. This will be followed by a panel discussion with company representatives engaged in this area.
- 9.00am: Welcome from Pete Keevill, Entrepreneur in Residence, Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub (STBAH).
- 9.10am: Professor Mike Lewis, School of Management, University of Bath, will present on the mechanics of changing the economy from a supply chain perspective.
- 9.25am: Dr Sophia Hatzisavvidou, Senior Lecturer, Politics, University of Bath, will present on the aspects of environmental rhetoric and political communication.
- 9.40am: Interactive Q&A expert panel session. Hosted by Pete Keevill, Entrepreneur in Residence, STBAH. Panellists TBC.
- 10.10am: A chance to network via breakout rooms & to continue the conversation with other attendees.
- 10.30am: Finish
Join us, like-minded people and a panel of experts for this free-to-attend networking event. Once you have pre-registered closer to the event date, you will be sent a Zoom link to enable access to the event.
Get to know your speakers and panellists:
Professor Mike Lewis, University of Bath School of Management: Professor of Operations and Supply Management at the University of Bath School of Management.
Dr Sophia Hatzisavvidou, Senior Lecturer, University of Bath: Sophia is a lecturer in Politics, her research interests include a project, entitled ‘Green Arguments: Scientific Evidence and Political Persuasion’.
Other speakers TBC.