Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub — VIRTUAL May Networking Event
The Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub (STBAH) — a business hub associated with the Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT) and funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) — is holding a virtual networking event on 21 May 2020.
The STBAH networking events aim to bring together like-minded people who are interested to hear from experts across specific sectors, all relating to sustainability and the environment.
The May event will have a focus on Sustainability in the Food sector.
Companies who have received support through the STBAH programme, plus University of Bath academics whose research is relevant to the sector, will deliver short talks.
The running order of the day will be:
- 6.00pm: Guests sign-in
- 6.10pm: Welcome, Pete Keevill, Entrepreneur in Residence, STBAH
- 6.15pm: Ali Hadavizadeh, Business Consultant and former Director Farm 491. Ali will give a general overview of the current challenges faced in developing sustainable, resource-efficient food production systems that can deliver affordable, available and nutritious food with minimal environmental impact to fulfil the needs of a growing global human population.
- 6.30pm: Lightning talk #1: Mark Thurstain, GeoFutures
- 6.40pm: Lightning talk #2: Miriam Delogu, The Circle Project, Bristol
- 6.45pm: Lightning talk #3: Florence Pardoe, grOWN IT. Talk title: Owning our food future
- 6.50pm: Interactive Panel session with questions
- 7.10pm: Round-up / Thanks
- 7.15pm: Interactive networking with the chance to meet in breakout rooms
- 8pm: Finish
The event is free for all to attend, but you need to pre-register so we can send you detail with the links to join the event virtually.
Previous attendees to the STBAH networking events have found the connections made invaluable and subjects covered to be highly engaging and interesting.
During 2020 a number of these networking events will happen in Bath & Bristol.