West of England Sustainable Technologies Scale-Up Programme – Chemical Pollution and the Circular Economy
Chemical Pollution and the Circular Economy
Chemical pollution is an urgent, critical issue for humanity, on equal footing with biodiversity loss and climate change. It is a global problem but there is no truly effective, independent global scientific advice mechanism to help mitigate and eliminate the harmful effects – both known and yet to be discovered – of poorly managed chemicals, waste and pollution. This must change.
At this event, we will hear from Professor Matthew Davidson, Director of the Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT) at the University of Bath who will present his scientific and academic expertise on this subject.
Following our keynote talk, we will be joined by representatives from companies developing environmentally sensitive and renewable alternatives.
- 8.55 Attendees join via Zoom
- 9.00 Welcome and introductions from our event host, Lucy Paine
- 9.15 Keynote talk:
- Professor Matthew Davidson, Director of the Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT) at the University of Bath
- 9.30 Interactive Q&A panel session: Gunnlaugur Erlendsson, Founder & CEO, ENSO Ltd & Helen Liang, CSO, LabCycle Ltd
- 10:00 Breakout networking rooms – your chance to mix, mingle and exchange contact details
- 10.30 Meeting closes
Join like-minded people and a panel of experts for this free to attend, sustainable business networking event.
Once you have pre-registered, you will be sent a zoom invite to join the event.
The West of England Sustainable Technologies Scale-Up Programme is hosting this event. This programme is funded through the European Regional Development Fund and provides a package of support to businesses in the West of England in any sectors that are developing low carbon technologies or looking to make their products or services more sustainable.